[Epiphany] Re: Window placement

Osma Ahvenlampi writes:

> On Sun, 04 May 2003 22:11:54 -0400, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
>> Yes and no. We do save window placement per window, but this creates
>> problems for the main window. Maybe we should set a flag for saving
>> position, and only save position for bookmarks, history, etc, but not the
>> main window.
>
> What's wrong with just saving the window size and letting the window
> manager worry about position?

Well there is a general usability principle called spatial orientation. The
idea is that if you put something somewhere, it should remain there. this
works very well for unique windows (ie property windows, bme, history
window), but probably isn't as great for the main view window, since it
isn't unique. I'll talk to marco about adding a save position flag to
ephy-state to save position of only some windows.

Here's a good link on spatial orientation and os9 finder.
http://arstechnica.com/paedia/f/finder/finder-1.html

dave