Re: [Epiphany] More Topic/Keyword/Folder madness! Oh, no!

Jens Knutson <jensknutson@yahoo.com> writes:

> 2) Loss of the ability to choose a hierarchy.  The folders model can act
> much like the keywords model, if we implement correctly, but the keyword
> model is inherently lacking the ability to do "sub-keywords" - instead
> of having optional hierarchy, we have no choice but to use a flat
> structure ...

Actually, since we're already trying to mark out differences between the
model and the implementation, there's no reason that the keyword/topic
model 'lacks the ability to do "sub-keywords"'.

Example, I file most of my stuff under a topic of either "Personal", or
"Work", as well as the topic it actually relates to. The model allows me
to supply a topic to search on, so I choose "Personal", I could then
quite easily show the users all of the topics that have sites that also
have "personal" as a topic, hence I get a list of "sub-keywords".

E.g. Given the following bookmark set

Site - Topics
www.bt.com/broadband - Work adsl
www.broadband4penistone.co.uk - Personal adsl
www.ispreview.co.uk - work adsl ispreview

An implementation could quite easily show me "adsl" and "ispreview" as
"sub-topics" after I'd typed "work" as a topic, or "adsl" after I'd
typed "personal" as a topic. The strength it has over the folder model
is that it's bi-directional, ie I can type in "adsl" and get "work", and
"personal", and "ispreview".

Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------