Re: [Epiphany] mega-patch

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 20:12, James Willcox wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 07:29, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 05:42, James Willcox wrote:
> > > Hi Marco,
> > >
> > > Here's a patch that does 2 things:  adds load feedback to tabs, and adds
> > > a context menu to the bookmark editor.
> > > http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~jwillcox/epiphany-loading-and-menu.png
> > >
> > > It really should be 2 separate patches, but I am lame and didn't want to
> > > separate it.  Of course, if you want one and not the other I will go
> > > ahead and do it. :)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > James
> > > ----
> > >

> > Cool :) Review follow.
> >

> Ah, all very good points.  Thanks.  I fixed them all except the
> following and committed it....attached is the patch

Thanks.

> > > +	/* setup load feedback image */
> > > +	g_object_unref (loading_pixbuf);
> > > +	gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (hbox), loading_image, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
> > > +
> >
> > I'd prefer if we register this as a stock icon. Have a look at
> > lib/ephy-stock-icons.c. So it's themable ...
>
> I wanted to do this too, but currently gtk+ doesn't support registering
> GdkPixbufAnimation stuff as stock icons.  I was thinking about using the
> gnome icon theme stuff to do it, but it doesn't support gif (or mng).

Oh, ok. Not a big deal, we can fix it later, when it's possible to do
it.

> Also, I totally ripped that gif out of mozilla....there may be licensing
> issues or something.  One thing I was thinking about, is that we could
> snarf the image by grabbing it through the mozilla vfs.  The tab loading
> icon is available through chrome://communicator/skin/icons/loading.gif.
> That would also allow the icon to be themable (through the mozilla
> chrome system).  What do you think?

I think the best would be to use another icon. What about this ?
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/ikony/i40/stock_refresh-blue.png
Rotate it and make an animated gif should not be that hard.
I'm really not good with gimp but I guess we can try to get that done in
some way if you like the idea. (Btw we could just commit the patch with
this static icon, to not risk conflicts).

Let me know.

Marco