Make bookmark folders simply be directories; let bookmarks be filed immediately
- From: "J. Greg Davidson" <jgd well com>
- To: epiphany-list gnome org
- Subject: Make bookmark folders simply be directories; let bookmarks be filed immediately
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:10:08 -0800
I require a bookmark system which lets me
(1) file my bookmarks at the time I save them;
otherwise, I accumulate masses of unorganized bookmarks
which often have unmnemonic names.
(2) share folders selectively with other users
and groups of users
The simplest method for allowing multi-level bookmarks with
shareability is to store them in a directory hierarchy. Since
this is something everyone already understands there is no
problem with added complexity.
When I imported my bookmarks from Galeon into Epiphany it flattened
the tree and created total chaos.
Thanks for taking feedback,
J. Greg Davidson jgd well com +1 (858) 452-8059
"Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die tomorrow"
] [Thread Prev