Re: Downloader UI Rationales

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Xan Lopez wrote:

> Well, I think Desktop is more visible, but I don't really have a strong
> opinion about where to put files by default (as long as they are "easy"
> to find).

For the ordinary user, I have a strong feeling that the Desktop (ideally
equal to $HOME, but that's another discussion) is the most obvious place
to find their downloaded files.

A 'Save as...' context menu item is fine with me, but of course anyone
could open the target folder in nautilus and just DnD the desired link
there. (Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if this is possible right
now. It should be, if it isn't. :-)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778