Re: File opening error

Hi Brett,

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Brett Humphreys wrote:
> Jens,
>     I tried your suggestions, and here is where I got:
>
> [ahumphre humphreys ahumphre]$ bonobo-activation-run-query
> "iid=='QAFIID:GNOME_EOG_Control'"
> number of results: 0

This is actually quite bad. You don't have the eog-image-viewer control
installed properly :-(.

> ** (process:3429): WARNING **: FIXME: Need to shutdown linc connections ...
> [ahumphre humphreys ahumphre]$ /opt/local/libexec/eog-image-viewer
> /opt/local/libexec/eog-image-viewer: relocation error:
> /opt/local/libexec/eog-image-viewer: undefined symbol:
> bonobo_generic_factory_main_timeout

eog-image-viewer is linked to an older libbonobo. The
bonobo_generic_factory_main_timeout is a relative new function which
exists since libbonobo 2.3.2.

If you have an older gnome installed already it may conflict with your new
gnome version. Check your PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, GNOME2_PATH if they
contain the paths to the new version before the old ones.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

    Jens