default image zoom

EOG has exibited some strange behavior regarding the default image size since
I started using it.  I won't bore you with what it used to do, since there
isn't much point now that it does something wildly different.

The new behavior of EOG is that it reduces the size of images to about 40%
before showing them on the screen.  These images are not too large for the
screen, in any dimention, and they don't justify reduction.  I've tried to
see if there was some obovious code to look at, but I get lost in the soup
of code that is bonobo and corba.

Is this a problem with EOG, or is it a problem with some hidden Gnome
component?

Thanks,

Mike
(: