Re: eog crashes on start :(

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 07:03, Jens Finke wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Ibrahim El-Shafei wrote:
> > I'm using RedHat Linux 8.0, with GTK+-2.2.0.
> >
> > After the installation of eog-1.0.3. I tried to run it but I receive the
> > following error:
> >
> > (eog:1767): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot create instance of abstract
> > (non-instantiatable) type `GtkWidget'
>
> This is very strange. Never heard of such an error before. Do other gnome
> programs work correctly?

Yes the other GNOME programs do the same problem except:
Galeon 1.2.5
Evolution 1.0.8
The Gimp 1.2.3

Another note on Galeon and Evolution:
When I'm connected to the Internet and I try to start them, it takes
about 10 minutes to start as if they are trying to connect to something
through the net.

If I start them before connecting every thing is well.

> Also, I would recommmend to update to a more recent version of eog.
I've contacted GTK Mailing List but they told me that it is a GNOME
based issue and I have to contact GNOME.

--
Ibrahim El-Shafei
"HimaTech"

Love means having to say I'm sorry every 5 minutes.