Zoom to Fit (was: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: features in nautilus-image-viewer that are not in EOG)

Hi,

On 4 Feb 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 16:32, Darin Adler wrote:
> > I did some research on this, and here are the three features that I think
> > were added to the image viewer after it was copied from the EOG source code
> > into the Nautilus source code:
>
> 	Great - thanks.
>
> >     - by default, zoom so that the picture fits in the window, if it's
> > bigger than the window
>
> 	Ok - this we don't support, I'll hack that up now.

This works in an opposite way in EOG currently. The window size will be
increased to the image size. If the image is larger than the screen it
will be zoomed to 75% of the size of the screen.

I really like this behavior with regards to the Eog shell. If I start eog
and open an image, than I wan to see the image fullsized. It's annyoing to
make it fit manually everytime.

So do you want to change this completely to the nautilus way? I think
this sucks in the eog shell case (but of course is reasonable for
nautilus).

   Jens

--
"Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides
verlieren." -- Benjamin Franklin