Re: patch

On 28 Apr 2002, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> I'm having a build issue with eog in gnome2-beta4. The problem is that
> it includes /usr/include as include path before other paths. Therefore,
> it tries to use my gnome1/gdkpixbuf1 include files (e.g.
> /usr/include/libgnome/gnome.h) instead of gnome2/gtk2 files (e.g.
> /usr/include/libgnome-2.0/libgnome/gnome.h).
>
> The solution is rather simple: remove /usr/include as include path.
> Attached is a patch to fix it.

Sorry, but I don't understand this. If this is the case your setup is
somehow wrong. It is indeed possible to have Gnome1 and Gnome2 libraries
installed in the same prefix and pkg-config should take care of getting
the correct headers.

Ah, now I see: Do you have the latest 1.4.x packages installed? Only with
these packages the libraries are fully parallel installable. So that the
include path for Gnome1 is /usr/include/libgnome-1.0/libgnome/gnome.h.

Regards,

   Jens

--
 -= http://triq.net/~pearl =-   -= jens triq net =-