Eog & gnome-vfs dependency

Hi Federico,

the file handling of eog is really a mess. This is mainly because of the
lack of consequent URI based file handling.  Currently we have a mix of
old fashioned local path descriptions and simple monikers (which are in
fact URIs like 'file:/home/jens/foo.png') for resolving bonobo objects.
To use the BonoboStream/Storage mechanism as a filesystem abstraction
wasn't a good idea, 'cos it lacks of some important functionality and is
broken in some ways (it just was not designed for it).

I think we could (and should) change the situation if we would use
gnome-vfs for all the file handling stuff within eog. Are there any
objections against this additional dependency? Since gnome-vfs is part of
the stable development plattform I see no reason for not depending on it.
What do you think?

Regards,

   Jens