Re: Eog ChangeLog Situation

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Jens Finke <jens eknif de> writes:
>
> > the current ChangeLog situation in eog head is kind of suboptimal. Every
> > directory has it's own ChangeLog which makes it very difficult to notice
> > changes at a glance.
>
> Please do not change this.  Once a project grows it becomes very
> unwieldy to handle a single ChangeLog.

But on the other side it's difficult to understand changes which affects
several parts of the project. E.g. if one makes changes on the viewer
component, which somehow need also modifications at the shell, you can't
see this with a look into one central document.

Anyway, probably it's a matter of taste. Both ways have there advantages
and disadvantages. Since I don't have much experience with very large
projects, but hope Eog will be someday one, I won't change it :-).

Regards,

    Jens