Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Thumbnail sharing

On Saturday, June 16, 2001, at 02:17  AM, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:

On Fri, 2001-06-15 at 10:51:24, Darin Adler wrote:

(...)
want some kind of digest, say an MD5 signature, but the file system doesn'
t provide that. Lacking that, we at least could use the file size and
mtime. Lacking a place to store the file system, at least we can use the
mtime. That was the theory anyway.

You could also use inode number together with the size and mtime.

Sure.

Currently there's no place to store the file size or the inode number, but there's a possibly-good place to store the mtime (the mtime of the thumbnail).

    -- Darin