Embeddable versus Control

Hi!

I don't quite understand the differences between the Embeddable and the Control. I played around with gnumeric and EOG and the following questions came to my mind:

(1) The embeddable zooms/stretches the image but provides a menu for saving/printing only the original (unstretched) image. Should saving/printing only be provided by the control as it (currently) cannot reflect the size of the embeddable?

(2) Both the embeddable and the control provide several interpolation options. I want different interpolation options for different embeddables in my spread sheet. And I want those different interpolations be remembered when reopening the spread sheet. But I want eog (-shell in combination with the control) to remember an interpolation option globally (like stored in gconf). How is this going to happen?

(3) Currently, there is no way to reset the ratio (with : height) to the original one. You have to guess. I am probably going to implement a menu toggle item "preserve ratio" and/or "revert to original ratio". What do you think?

Lutz
--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Mueller           +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                                             |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |