Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga and pulseaudio

>> : Perhaps you should try on their mailing list... The problem is probably
>> : related to pulseaudio itself...
>>
>> 	Maybe.
>>
>> 	The main question probably is whether ekiga ALSA plugin
>> supports reading and using the .asoundrc configuration at all. Because
>
>Of course, it is transparent. As long as you use the Default device, it
>will use whatever configuration comes with the Default device.
>
>> so far it seems ekiga tries to access the ALSA device directly
>> no matter what is written in .asoundrc. Using "ls -ltu" I have found
>> that ekiga does not reread .asoundrc even when "Detect devices"
>> button in the Audio Devices dialog is pressed.
>
>It is transparent, and handled by libasound.

First of all, sorry for breaking the reply chain but I just subscribed
to the list.

Unfortunately, it seems that pwlib's device discovery does not use
asoundrc. I tried ekiga today on a machine without any audio device but
pulseaudio and alsa redirection to pa.

Same result: ekiga does not find any audio devices but aplay/gstreamer/.. do.

Sebastian