[Ekiga-list] Slideshow broadcasting

[ Resending to the list... ]

We're looking to improve on our broadcasts for the MetaBUG (http:// metabug.org), as well as possible future Linux/BSD conferences. One of our members mentioned Ekiga, but I wasn't able to determine if it met all of our feature needs. Here are the features we're looking for:

- FOSS
- Runs on *BSD
- Audio/Video streaming to QTSS
- Video capture of presenter's screen (slides)

We've been using QuickTime Broadcaster on OS X to stream A/V capture from my DV camera. To be blunt, this method sucks (the capture part, not the streaming part). Ideally we want to take the slides directly off the presenter's laptop and stream it with audio from an external mic. I've found a commercial offering (http://www.varasoftware.com/ products/wirecast/) that does this, but the price hurts and it only runs on Windows/Mac.

Thanks,

---
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting