[Ekiga-list] Listening on different network interfaces

Palo S. palos at post.sk
Fri Sep 21 16:53:44 UTC 2007

First of all, I don\'t want to say what piece of software is better -
I am happy with both Ekiga and Twinkle and use both of them frequently.
I just wanted to point out that Twinkle has the requested feature and
the sound quality should be comparable, at least in my experience it is,
if I use OSS instead of ALSA default (using ALSA default, the mic
provides bad quality and I thought that this could be your problem too).
Regarding the codecs, Twinkle has, similarly to Ekiga, PCMU/PCMA and
SPEEX 8/16kHZ and even SPEEX 32 kHz...