[Ekiga-list] segfault - svn

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Wed Sep 5 21:57:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just compiled the svn version of ekiga (because I need the fix to be
able to cann someone at freephonie.org that don't like when ekiga uses
multiples ports, apparently)

But now if I try to run it, I have some glib errors followed by a
segfault:

(process:30783): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:30783): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:30783): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
zsh: segmentation fault  ekiga

I wonder if I did something wrong (and in this case, I seek help) or if
it is just the repository that is broken. But I doubt it is that because
I compiled revisions 5509 and 5512, there is the same problem.

I think it might be some gconf problem. Because I didn't 'make install'
as root (I don't like to install things on my system I don't know
where). In fact I used the DESTDIR variable to install it in a local
directory to create some ArchLinux package and install it this way.

During the make install process, I had many errors like this one (an
error for each locale):

WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/ekiga/devices/video/enable_preview' locale `C': Can't overwrite existing read-only value: Value for `/schemas/apps/ekiga/devices/video/enable_preview' set in a read-only source at the front of your configuration path

... and then ...

WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/audio_settings_window/size' locale `ca': Unable to store a value at key '/schemas/apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/audio_settings_window/size', as the configuration server has no writable databases. There are some common causes of this problem: 1) your configuration path file /etc/gconf/2/path doesn't contain any databases or wasn't found 2) somehow we mistakenly created two gconfd processes 3) your operating system is misconfigured so NFS file locking doesn't work in your home directory or 4) your NFS client machine crashed and didn't properly notify the server on reboot that file locks should be dropped. If you have two gconfd processes (or had two at the time the second was launched), logging out, killing all copies of gconfd, and logging back in may help. If you have stale locks, remove ~/.gconf*/*lock. Perhaps the problem is that you attempted to use GConf from two machines at once, and ORBit
 still has its default configuration that prevents remote CORBA connections - put "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in /etc/orbitrc. As always, check the user.* syslog for details on problems gconfd encountered. There can only be one gconfd per home directory, and it must own a lockfile in ~/.gconfd and also lockfiles in individual storage locations such as ~/.gconf

But instead, after the make install I create a file ekiga.schamas that
contains all schemas that should have been installed
in /etc/gconf/schemas
And when I install my package, I run the following commands:
- gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule ekiga.schemas
- scrollkeeper-update -q -p var/lib/scrollkeeper
- update-desktop-database -q

I have no idea what these commands do, i just took them from the
existing ekiga package.

Can you help me solving that issue ?
Thanks

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]