[Ekiga-list] Bluez-3.20, Bluetooth Headset & ekiga - H

Jakub Klawiter jklawiter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 13:18:13 UTC 2007

Hello!

On 10/27/07, Chris Rankin <rankincj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > This HowTo is obsolete, it is about old bluez, now it is much easier
> > to start it to work. See:
> > http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices which is also linked to
> > howto on gentoo wiki.
>
> Actually, I never managed to get my headset working using this HOWTO, as both aplay and arecord
> kept complaining about being unable to connect (to something). It wasn't until I switched to using
> plugz and the headsetd that I started getting sound out.
Under gentoo? I'm asking about distro because you have sent the link
to gentoo wiki before.
Here it just works, thinks what I did:
1. unmask ~x86 keyword for bluez-utils-3.22, bluez-libs-3.22, bluez-gnome-0.14
2. add modules to kernel (hope i'm copying all)
# Network testing
CONFIG_BT=m
CONFIG_BT_L2CAP=m
CONFIG_BT_SCO=m
CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM=m
CONFIG_BT_RFCOMM_TTY=y
CONFIG_BT_HIDP=m

# Bluetooth device drivers
CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB=m
CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB_SCO=y

3. emerge -avD bluez-gnome

3a. you can also emerge  gnome-extra/gnome-vfs-obexftp if you want to
browse e.g. mobile phone files ebuild is available in ecatmur overlay

4. plug in the BT dongle ;-)
5. authorize the headset via bluez-gnome
6. in services tab activate audio service

and it's as I remember all

--
Pozdrawiam, Jakub.
Milion osób dziennie pobiera Firefoksa... pobierz i Ty! www.firefox.pl