[Ekiga-list] ekiga 2.0.11 Cant find pwlib?

alex alex at schlossadler.net
Thu Oct 11 21:15:01 UTC 2007

Hi Damien,

I have made some further progress on getting it to build, with a lot of
hackwork though.

I borrowed /usr/ports/multimedia/v4l_compat/files/videodev.h from a
FreeBSD machine and copied it over to /usr/include/linux, and rebuilt
pwlib. I no longer get the message that the library is missing, however,
that my version of pwlib 1.11.1 doesnt meet the recommended
requirements, my solution to this is very bad and dirty, but I had no
choice, pwlib 1.10.10 refuses to build (who can I speak to regarding
this problem with that version of pwlib?), I had to edit ptbuildopts.h
and fake the version number to allow the configure script to proceed
(and also having to symlink libpt_solaris_x86_r.so.1.10.10 to
libpt_solaris_x86_r.so.1.11.1 to avoid linking issues).

I disabled avahi support - is this a bad idea? What will be missing from
the program if I do this?

I have one final error that occurs in the build, perhaps you can suggest
a possible cause:

g++ -O4 -o ekiga accounts.o addressbook.o callbacks.o callshistory.o
chat.o config.o druid.o history.o main.o misc.o preferences.o tools.o
statusicon.o audio.o fakevideoinput.o videoinput.o videooutput.o
accountshandler.o ekiga.o manager.o h323.o pcss.o sip.o urlhandler.o
stun.o bonobo.o  ../lib/.libs/libekiga.a /usr/sfw/lib/libstdc++.so
-L/usr/sfw/lib -lgcc_s -L/usr/local/lib -lesd -laudiofile -lgnomeui-2
-lSM -lICE -lbonoboui-2 -lgnomevfs-2 -lgnome-keyring -lgnomecanvas-2
-lart_lgpl_2 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -latk-1.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lmlib -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lebook-1.2
-lgnome-2 -lpopt -ledataserver-1.2 -lxml2 -lz -lm -lsocket -lnsl
-lgconf-2 -lbonobo-2 -lbonobo-activation -lgmodule-2.0 -lORBit-2
-lgthread-2.0 -lthread -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -L/usr/lib -lSDL
-lposix4 -lpt -lopal -ldl -lpthread   -Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/sfw/lib -Wl,-R
-Wl,/usr/sfw/lib -Wl,-R -Wl,/usr/lib
ld: warning: file /usr/sfw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple
inclusion of file
XFree
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XSync
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XSendEvent                          misc.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XGetWindowProperty
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XFlush
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
PSafeObject::PSafeObject(PSafeObject*)/usr/local/lib/libopal.so
XGrabServer
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XUngrabServer
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XGetSelectionOwner
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XInternAtom
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
XSelectInput
../lib/.libs/libekiga.a(eggtrayicon.o)  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libX11.so.4)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ekiga
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [ekiga] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/export/home/alex/download/ekiga-2.0.11/src'

Error:

ld: warning: file /usr/sfw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple
inclusion of file

What does this mean?