[Ekiga-list] ekiga 2.0.11 Cant find pwlib?

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Oct 11 20:58:51 UTC 2007

Hi,

Le vendredi 12 octobre 2007 à 04:45 +1000, alex a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> I'm not convinced this is the issue after finding this:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2007-February/msg00125.html
>
> Could it be perhaps that these PVideo functions are only available under
> linux? I am not using linux, I'm not interested in video, I just want to
> use VOIP.

They are supposed to work everywhere. Specific implementation is done in
plugins, but those functions are generic.

> The --disable-video flag in pwlib's configure script doesn't help. Its
> ekiga that is expecting these functions to be available?

No, Ekiga is not expecting them, and if I'm not wrong, the configure
script fails before trying to compile ekiga, just when trying to compile
a sample program (which does not implement video).

So your libraries are not correctly compiled/installed.

> How do we go disabling ekiga's dependency on these functions, so that
> people who arn't using linux can build the program without having to resort
> to open heart surgery on the code? Perhaps you could integrate this into
> the configure script.

Sure I could. But Ekiga builds on other platforms.

> Not meaning to be rude, it would be nice if your program was a bit more
> BSD and Solaris friendly. BTW: The pwlib up on your page (1.10.10) wont

Sun is providing an OpenSolaris build for each release.
Nobody is maintaining the BSD version anymore.

I don't want to be rude either, but Ekiga is Open Source and I am its
maintainer. That means everybody can help maintaining a version for each
OS. That does not mean I am forced doing it. I simply do not have enough
spare time for that...
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net