Re: [Ekiga-list] trace of problem getting Ekiga to work in kubuntu gutsy

Le samedi 24 novembre 2007 à 18:33 -0500, jim ruxton a écrit :
> > > Hi I still can't get Ekiga to connect to the echo test (or anything
> > > else) . Below is a trace of starting Ekiga and attempting a call to
> > > sip:500 ekiga net . Can anyone see why this doesn't work?
> > > http://www.pastebin.ca/795453
> > >

> > You are not registered to ekiga.net, so the echo test rejects you.
> >
> > Moreover, you are behind NAT and STUN is not enabled.
> Thanks Damien, strange I thought I was registered, anyway I
> re-registered as lumina ekiga net and enabled STUN and I still get the
> same result of "secutity check failed" . Here is the most recent trace:
> http://www.pastebin.ca/796302

Ekiga is still not registered to ekiga.net.

I think there is a misunderstood here.

The whole registration process is like this for now:
1- using a browser, you need to grab an account on http://ekiga.net
2- you will receive an email for confirmation of this inscription (if i
recall correctly you have to respond to it)
3- you need to enter your username and password into ekiga
4- ekiga will attempt to register to ekiga.net if it succeed, you'll be
able to call sip:500 ekiga net

You can check if ekiga has an account for ekiga.net in the account
window:
http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Managing_VOIP_Accounts

The box in front of each account show you if ekiga will try to register
to the provider.

Regards,
Yannick