[Ekiga-list] Problem getting Ekiga to run in Gutsy Kubuntu

I am having trouble connecting with anything via Ekiga. When I first log
on I get this:

Error while starting the listener for the SIP protocol

Then when I try making a call including a test call I get "Security
check failed" at the bottom of the screen. I tried some things like
adding myself to group "voice", running using sudo etc but no luck. I
used it in the past under Fedora so know that it can work with my
machine and router. Any suggestions??

Jim