Re: [Ekiga-list] Help with Unibrain firewire

Edie Morton wrote:
OK,
I went to the Ekiga website and downloaded the three files for FC6: Ekiga. When I double clicked and logged in as super user, I'm prompted to installing package. Clicked the apply and finally get a error message, Unable to satisfy dependencies, Package opal needs libpt_linux_x86_r.sp.1.10.4, this is not abailable. I went out and found the package and installed in /usr/local/bin and edited /etc/ ld.so.conf to include the /usr/local/bin path. Tried again and get same error message. Where shoud I install this file so that it is found when installing opal?

Cant you just type = yum install ekiga - ?
and let yum sort it out.
David
*/Edie Morton <edie_morton yahoo com>/* wrote:

    Can you help me out on how to  locate, install, and verify  the
    pwlib dc plug. Running Fedora 6.

    */Edie Morton <edie_morton yahoo com>/* wrote:

        Thanks for your help.

        */Julien Puydt <jpuydt free fr>/* wrote:

            Edie Morton a écrit :
            > I have a Unibrain firewire camera which is connected to
            a firewire pci card. Ekiga doesn't see the camera and
            gives me a gives me a No device found. I modprobe the four
            modules (ieee1394, raw1394, video1394, and ohci1394. I
            tried the command /usr/testlibraw and get indication on
            node 0.

            > lost what to do next. Help

            Install either the pwlib DC plugin or AVC plugin :
            - DC if it's just a camera ;
            - AVC if it does audio too.

            Snark on #ekiga