Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga paralysed if no registration server

Le mardi 06 novembre 2007 �1:45 +0000, Dave Higton a �it :
> > Le mardi 06 novembre 2007 �0:42 +0000, Dave Higton a �it :
> > > Why is Ekiga paralysed if no registration server is specified or
> > > enabled?  I get this on SuSE Linux 10.2 with Ekiga version
> > 2.0.11 but it
> > > was no different on the previous version (2.0.3 I think).
> > >

> > What does that mean ?
>
> It takes several tens of seconds (at least) to respond, for
> example to an incoming call.

There is a limitation in Ekiga 2.0: the fact that it does DNS queries
even when it is not useful. On WIN32, the code has been accidentally
removed. It would explain why you do not encounter the problem on WIN32.

It indicates a problem on your DNS server... (it is slow).
--
 _     Damien Sandras