Re: [Ekiga-list] G729 codec

Jure Petrovic writes:
 > Please try with this version:
 > http://www.royal.si/g729/myg729-0.2.tar.gz
 >
 > The problem lies in FRAMES_PER_PACKET.
 >
 > I am using this codec with Asterisk server and it works without
 > problems. However, I noticed that I cannot persuade OPAL to send 2
 > frames per packet. My codec always sends 1 frame per RTP packet, whereas
 > it receives 2 frames per packet from asterisk as it advertises this
 > setting.
 >
 > I played with info structure of the codec and I just couldn't convince
 > OPAL to wrap 2 encoded frames in RTP packet. I asked about this on the
 > list and nobody answered how does OPAL handle this.
 >
 > Because it worked for me, I just never found time to dig into OPAL
 > infrastructure.
 >
 > In second version, I changed the setting so that codec advertises 1
 > frame per packet as this is always the case.
 >
 > Let me know it you get any change.
 > I'd be also glad if somebody that knows opal peeked at my code...
 >

 > Regards,
 > Jure
 >

 > On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 22:25 +0100, PawelCarqowski wrote:
 > > But it does not work well unfortunatelly.
 > >
 > > When I call, the person on remote site does not hear me. I tried with
 > > docen arbitrary numbers, but it is always the same.
 > >
 > > The codec used is G.729.

Jure,
I tried with v0.2. It did not help, remote party does not hear me still.
I compared RTP timestamp differences between adjacent packets in either direction.
 "Outbound" and "inbound" terms are related to local site.

Here are the results:
1 - sjphone.correct.call.tcp  #. This is the trace using sjpone,
    which works well with my voip provider.
2 - ver0.1.tcp
3 - ver0.2.tcp

Trace		outbound_RTP_difference		inbound_RTP_difference
1		160				480
2		160				480
3		80				480

As You can see, version 1 of myg729 and sjphone (which works well) are the same.
So I wonder why do You suspect that this might be the problem.
Did You have the same experience that remote party did not hear You and decreasing
outbound RTP packet size did the job?

Regards,
Pawel