Re: [Ekiga-list] multiple SIP clients

Randall Smith wrote:
> I was thinking about purchasing a Grandstream HandyTone HT-486 for my
> primary phone, but want to use Ekiga for video conferencing.  I have a
> single IP address so I'm wondering if there will be a conflict with
> these clients trying to listen on the same port or some other networking
> conflict.  The HT-486 can be configured as a NAT router or bridged and
> I'm considering both configurations.
>
> I would very much appreciate any advice on how to set this up and/or
> references for my education on this topic.

I think that you will find this covered in the archives. I use a
Handytone-486 upstream of my main router and Ekiga on several machines
on the local network. Just use the gconf editor to assign a different
port to Ekiga (in my case several different ports for each copy of
Ekiga) from the Handytone.

It all works perfectly. Contact me off list if you have problems.

ael