[Ekiga-list] multiple accounts - which of them is used as source ?

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 21:05:47 UTC 2007

--- yannick <sevmek at free.fr> wrote:

> Le mercredi 28 novembre 2007 à 12:32 -0800, Sergei Steshenko a écrit :
> > For example, in Ekiga I've entered two accounts and both are
> > registered:
> >
> > myself_foo at voip.wengo.fr
> > myself_bar at voip.brujula.net
> > .
> >
> > And I'm calling my_friend at voip.sipphone.net .
> >
> > So, will my friend see the call coming from
> >
> > myself_foo at voip.wengo.fr
> >
> > or from
> >
> > myself_bar at voip.brujula.net
> >
> > ?
>
> This just wont work. VoIP is not like email. I wish it could work as
> email, but it does not work like an email.

With the particular example of wengo.fr and brujula.net it _does_work.

I'm saying it because I did place a call from brujula.net to wengo.fr destination,
and wengo.fr destination did see that the call came from brujula.net.

So, assuming all the pearing agreements are in place, could you please answer my
particular question:

For example, in Ekiga I've entered two accounts and both areregistered:

myself_foo at voip.wengo.fr
myself_bar at voip.brujula.net
.

myself_foo at voip.wengo.fr