[Ekiga-list] Non-alphanumeric passwords do not appear to work

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 06:16:58 UTC 2007

When I signed up for ekiga.net, I used a password with symbols in it,
and wasn't able to connect using the Ekiga client. I just got the
message "Registration failed: forbidden" in the statusbar. I tried
creating a new account, port-forwarding, etc. but nothing worked. Then,
I changed my password to something without any symbols, and was able to
connect. At this point, I had two accounts, and I tried changing the old
one to an alphanumeric password as well... and it worked. The biggest
problem is not that Ekiga doesn't support passwords with symbols, it's
that ekiga.net lets you assign a password with a symbol to your account.