[Ekiga-list] [Fwd: RE: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga's video of the Windows version]

--
 _     Damien Sandras

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Andre,
summarizing we got 3 areas of activity for adding additional features for the win32 build:

a) DirectShow video input (Luc)
b) DirectX Audio (Vicent)
c) DirectDraw video output (myself)

a) and c) will improve a lot the performance if video on windows (i.e. higher framerates, less
cpu, more webcams supported, higher image quality). My own code (DirectDraw, which wil give
similar benefit like XV) is feature complete undergoing testing right now with one or two issues
still due to the architecture of ekiga and opal (the underlying library). Possibly it will make it
into SVN during the next 1-2 weeks... Luc's DirectShow also is rather complete, however it does
not yet seem to work on all systems (e.g. not on mine), as soon as I / we get some free resources
we will investigate and integrate to pwlib (another library for ekiga). I myself have also revised
the buildscript for win32 and svn version, possibly it can be released during the next days. I
dont know what is your main expertise/interest, but in any way we would welcome someone who could
actually test and also debug on the win32 platform. Possibly the easiest way to get involved would
be to talk to us at the ekiga IRC (of course new features would also be welcome).

Bye,
Matthias

p.s. There are also some people working on new video codecs for both win and linux, but at this
point of time it is a little bit early to speak of details - as soones as we get the features
mentioned above stable we can dedicate more resources to new features...