[Ekiga-list] About multi user video conferencing

Francisco Rivas taken2k4 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:49:10 UTC 2007

Hi michel,

Actually I didn't know about Webex. I see www.webex.com and is not free. I
am looking for a free solution like ekiga.

Michel see that, I am part of a sopprt team in a cooperative company, we use
AccessGrid (www.accessgrid.com) but some people tell me "accessgrid is not
the best for audio/video conferencing and share presentations software", and
I feel curious about that. Certainly we have some problems with AG by this
reason we need to change ( we need an open source solution), and test other
software. That MCU/H323 sounds good.

It's important to me say what doesn't matter if we have to integrate many
application.

I really apreciate your responses and orientation, thanks in advance and
regards :D.

On 5/3/07, michel memeteau <michel.memeteau at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/05/07, Francisco Rivas <taken2k4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I am asking myself about if ekiga support multi user video/audio
> > conferencing.
> >
> > Look, in my company we need an audio/video conferencing tool what
> > support share presentations and file transfer, but we need an open source
> > (gpl) software, looking on the web I found ekiga, but I don't know if ekiga
> > support  that. If it doesn't can you give some ideas for that?..
>

> Hi Francisco , I ve been looking for the same kind of video solution using
> SIP . right now did not find a solution apart from the H323/MCU .
>
> Asterisk is on the way, it can now handle video and soon transcode
> different kind of video streams,  the next step is to modify app_conference
> I guess so it will Mux Videos streams in one .
>
> I'm not an asterisk Guru but when asterisk will be able to do this , It
> will really be a bug change .
>
> For presentations Share , the best Way is to have SIP apps that can use
> screen copy as input such as Xmeeting ( really a killing feature ) , for
> file tranfer , jabber wil do the trick ...
>
> So I guess right now , Webex is one of your solutions ?
>

> Thank you very much and thanks in advance and regards :D
> >
> > --
> > Francisco Rivas
> >

> --
> Michel memeteau