[Ekiga-list] About multi user video conferencing

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:20:50 UTC 2007

On 03/05/07, Francisco Rivas <taken2k4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am asking myself about if ekiga support multi user video/audio
> conferencing.
>
> Look, in my company we need an audio/video conferencing tool what support
> share presentations and file transfer, but we need an open source (gpl)
> software, looking on the web I found ekiga, but I don't know if ekiga
> support  that. If it doesn't can you give some ideas for that?..

Hi Francisco , I ve been looking for the same kind of video solution using
SIP . right now did not find a solution apart from the H323/MCU .

Asterisk is on the way, it can now handle video and soon transcode different
kind of video streams,  the next step is to modify app_conference I guess so
it will Mux Videos streams in one .

I'm not an asterisk Guru but when asterisk will be able to do this , It will
really be a bug change .

For presentations Share , the best Way is to have SIP apps that can use
screen copy as input such as Xmeeting ( really a killing feature ) , for
file tranfer , jabber wil do the trick ...

So I guess right now , Webex is one of your solutions ?

Thank you very much and thanks in advance and regards :D

> --
> Francisco Rivas

Michel memeteau
VOIP | Visio: sip:freechelmi at proxy01.sipphone.com