Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga to ekiga fail

Le samedi 24 mars 2007 �2:42 +0100, islli tigmmi a �it :
> ekiga fails when it connects to another ekiga on the
> same LAN through astersik
> astersik 1.2.15-netsec
> Slackware 11.0 with kernel 2.6.17.1 + alsa
> ekiga 2.0.7 with pwlib 1.10.5 and opal 2.2.6
> ekiga -d 4 >log.txt 2>&1
>
> log file is there: http://www.pastebin.ca/407844

I have looked at the trace more closely and it seems you hit a bug of
Asterisk for some reason.

Please have a look at the trace.

Here is how SIP works :
- you receive an INVITE, the INVITE contains the IP address of where to
send the media streams (in the line o=root ... IN IP4)
- you send 100 Trying, 180 Ringing
- you send 200 OK
- you receive ACK from Asterisk to confirm it has received the 200 OK

Then, the connection is established. If you configured SIP Reinvite,
then you can receive another INVITE request that contains another IP
address telling where to send the media streams. That IP address is not
the IP address of the Asterisk server, but of the remote client. It is
the same scenario :
- the INVITE with a new IP address
- you send the 100 Trying
- you send the 200 OK
- you receive the ACK from the Asterisk server

If you look at the trace on pastebin, you will see that Asterisk
continues sending new INVITE PDUs regularly, with its own IP address (so
the reinvite has no purpose). It does not stop doing it.

In short, your Asterisk is severely buggy, from my point of view.
--
 _     Damien Sandras