Re: [Ekiga-list] loss of sound

On 3/2/07, ashleyties ippimail com <ashleyties ippimail com> wrote:

Hi,

I found  earlier that my handset has no sound in the ear piece,when I first
set ekiga set up it worked. Does anyone know how I can get this working
again?

There are at least 2 things you need to be sure of:

1. That sound mixing and output is set up properly on your OS.  I'm
not going to even try and help with that because there are too many
variables.  Check manuals for your OS.

2. That Ekiga is using the correct mixer card and output device.
For this latter aspect you need to select the correct audio output device:
Ekiga>Edit>Preferences>Devices>AudioDevices>OutputDevice

HTH,
Oisín Feeley