[Ekiga-list] ekiga.net echo test does not work, but...

Maurizio Avogadro anonymau at fastwebnet.it
Sun Mar 11 16:20:24 UTC 2007

Hi Damien

Damien Sandras wrote:
> I think it is an issue of your provider... I can only suggest you to
> change your provider.

My provider supplies to its customers a router which also has PSTN-like
outputs for traditional phones connection and does deliver such services
by using VoIP: that's probably the reason for that behaviour.
Changing provider is not an easy skill here in Italy since you get
heavily charged everytime for "line setup"; furthermore, there are huge
delays and customers often have to wait months before they can get a new
working line. This is Italy!

I was only wondering if there is any "trick" to hide the SIP traffic so
that it can pass transparently through the routers, such as changing the
default ports, encrypting or something like that. It's the last question
for you...

Thank you very much

Maurizio Avogadro