[Ekiga-list] Let's spread Ekiga : volunteers ?

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 05:37:02 UTC 2007

Hi Damien et (und?) Jan

> Le jeudi 08 mars 2007 à 13:49 +0100, Jan Schampera a écrit :
>
> > If SERWEB is only our user management tool, and really nothing else, we
> > shouldn't need it, IMHO, no?

Without knowing exactly what SERWEB is - it is probably the web
interface  (Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-8 mod_ssl/2.2.3
OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at www.ekiga.net Port 80) - I would advocate
that it is kept. I'm a strong believer in keeping separate things
separate (or KISS if you like).

> What do we use out of SER itself?

It has at least one important function: the "Forgot Password?" button.
These days, where you don't have to type your password every time,
because the program remembers it for you, you run into trouble when
you e.g. go to another computer and try to log in and suddenly cannot
remember your password. In this situation a 'Forgot Password?' button
is a godsend.

> SERWEB is actually only used to populate SER's databases. We do not use
> it for anything else.

SERWEB would be the first place where I would put the code for the
'Call Me' button.

I think it would be hard to implement a 'Call Me' function in Ekiga
itself since at least Asterisk and probably also SER are very good at
detecting local loops, so a 'Call Me' function should initiate the
call totally outside Ekiga.

Those are my thought this early in the morning. If I knew more about
SERWEB I could speak with much more certainty.

Bent