[Ekiga-list] Let's spread Ekiga : volunteers ?

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Fri Mar 9 14:39:26 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 08 mars 2007 à 13:49 +0100, Jan Schampera a écrit :
> On Do, 8.03.2007, 11:06, Damien Sandras sagte:
>
> > I have always wondered :
> > - should we keep using SERWEB ?
> > - should we rewrite it?
> >
> > We only use minor features :
> > - subscribing
> > - modifying account details
> >
> > So perhaps modifying it would be the best.
> >
> > Perhaps also we could simply write some PHP script for the Call Me
> > function, and in Ekiga, we would put a "Call Me" button that triggers it
> > and thus triggers a call.
> >
> > Julien, Jan, Yannick, what do you think ?
>
> Hi!
>
> If SERWEB is only our user management tool, and really nothing else, we
> shouldn't need it, IMHO, no?
> What do we use out of SER itself?

SER is used as a SIP proxy to route SIP messages :
- to another registered user
- to asterisk for a specific application

SERWEB is used for users to subscribe and update their subscription
information.

If we want, we could simply implement the creation of accounts from
Ekiga and SERWEB would be unuseful.

SERWEB is actually only used to populate SER's databases. We do not use
it for anything else.
--
 _      Damien Sandras
v_/_  NOVACOM                 : http://www.novacom.be/