[Ekiga-list] Let's spread Ekiga : volunteers ?

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Thu Mar 8 10:06:02 UTC 2007

Hi Bent,

Le lundi 05 mars 2007 à 21:20 +0100, Bent Bagger a écrit :
> Hi Damien
>
> I have been pondering your request for assistance for a while and I
> have come to the conclusion that I could devote some time to Ekiga,
> which gives me much fun and pleasure. I will offer my assistance in
> two areas:
>
> 1. I would like to see the H.263 video codec implemented as soon as
> possible. I'm a C-programmer but not a C++-programmer, so perhaps I
> could best help with the testing of the code. I have several PC here
> in my shack so it will a piece of cake (hopefully :-)) to set up at
> test bed.

I will work on that as soon as possible. Craig still has some issues to
fix before.

> 2. As you probably noticed a while back I have some knowledge of
> Asterisk and as I believe that ekiga.net is at least partly driven by
> an Asterisk, I could chip in there as well. I would be willing to give
> the 'Call me' button, which we discussed back before Christmas, a
> whack. Asterisk has the hooks for it, but since I know little of the
> actual configuration at egika.net it remains to be seen how difficult
> it could be.

That would be great !

I think that the most difficult part is to integrate it into the SERWEB
interface we are using on ekiga.net.

I have always wondered :
- should we keep using SERWEB ?
- should we rewrite it?

We only use minor features :
- subscribing
- modifying account details

So perhaps modifying it would be the best.

Perhaps also we could simply write some PHP script for the Call Me
function, and in Ekiga, we would put a "Call Me" button that triggers it
and thus triggers a call.

Julien, Jan, Yannick, what do you think ?