[Ekiga-list] Let's spread Ekiga : volunteers ?

Bent Bagger bbagger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:20:48 UTC 2007

Hi Damien

I have been pondering your request for assistance for a while and I
have come to the conclusion that I could devote some time to Ekiga,
which gives me much fun and pleasure. I will offer my assistance in
two areas:

1. I would like to see the H.263 video codec implemented as soon as
possible. I'm a C-programmer but not a C++-programmer, so perhaps I
could best help with the testing of the code. I have several PC here
in my shack so it will a piece of cake (hopefully :-)) to set up at
test bed.

2. As you probably noticed a while back I have some knowledge of
Asterisk and as I believe that ekiga.net is at least partly driven by
an Asterisk, I could chip in there as well. I would be willing to give
the 'Call me' button, which we discussed back before Christmas, a
whack. Asterisk has the hooks for it, but since I know little of the
actual configuration at egika.net it remains to be seen how difficult
it could be.

Documentation? I have only small problems writing English (I lived in
California for a few years in my youth) so I could certainly help
there as well, but I guess that I have to take care not to over-commit
myself. As someone (KD2BD) has said: "So many ideas, so little
time"...

These are my thoughts. If you feel that you cannot use me, no bad
feelings on my side.

Best Regrads,

Bent