[Ekiga-list] ekiga and sipgate

Michael Keyl M.Keyl at tu-bs.de
Thu Jun 21 10:31:47 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 18:05, Hannes Ebner wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Keyl wrote:
> > binding_timeout parameter didn't changed anything). Is there anybody
> > around who can help me? Many thanks in advance.
>
> I'm using Ekiga with sipgate.at and sipgate.de, both work.

Thank you for your answer. I think I have figured out the problem. Apparently
the firewall was misconfigured: All interfaces were declared as "external"
although only dsl0 is external (and not eth0 to which the modem is attached).
This probably caused some comunication errors between my computer and the dsl
modem. I am still wondering why no other application encountered any problems
and why the ekiga.net account worked properly. Nevertheless, since I have
changed these settings everything seems to work properly.