[Ekiga-list] ekiga and sipgate

Hannes Ebner ml at stdout.at
Wed Jun 20 16:05:12 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Keyl wrote:
> binding_timeout parameter didn't changed anything). Is there anybody around
> who can help me? Many thanks in advance.

I'm using Ekiga with sipgate.at and sipgate.de, both work.

I configured the accounts like this:

Registrar: sipgate.de (or sipgate.at)
User: Your SIP-ID (7 digits in my case)
Password: Your password

Depending on your local network configuration (e.g. NAT) you might have
to use a STUN-server:

Ekiga-Preferences -> Protocols -> Network Settings -> NAT Settings

NAT Traversal Method: STUN
STUN Server: stun.ekiga.net

Make also sure that you are using the correct network interface. Take
the one which is connected to the Internet (or to the network which is
connected to the Internet).

Which version of Ekiga are you using? It worked for me with all 2.0.x
versions. (2.0.9 fixed a few important bugs)

HTH
Hannes