[Ekiga-list] Ekiga, siproxd on Debian Etch troubles.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 7 15:02:39 UTC 2007

Damien Sandras <dsandras at seconix.com> writes:

> The INVITE, REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE should be sent to sipproxd. There was
> a bug in the snapshot preventing this (2.0.3 was ok), so you helped me
> finding this bug :)

I wasn't really sure about this. During the last days, I've been
browsing through various SIP docs on the web, while not going into
real detail.

I seem to remember though that some whitepaper I glanced over said,
while INVITEs definitely should go through the proxy, other requests
don't need to. Actually, a SIP server/proxy *should* step out of the
way at certain points. That's why I brought this up again, because I
feared I claimed a potential bug where actually isn't one.

Again, you're the expert, so I trust I didn't put anybody on the wrong
track.

Kind regards, Bruno