[Ekiga-list] e: Ekiga with Windows98SE (Damien Sandras)

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Mon Jun 4 11:47:04 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 03 mai 2007 à 10:19 +0200, Edgar Dombrowski a écrit :
> Hallo, Damien.
>
> Thank you for your advice, but the program still doesn't work.
>
> Having said "no update" the installation of "ekika" proceeds normally.
> However when trying to open the program, I get the following error messages:
>
> " exiga.exe  is linked to the the following
> 'export-lingtk-win32-2.0-0.dll: gtk_windowsset-urgency-hint'
> and
> ' an equipment connected to ekiga does  not work"
>
> Do you have any solution?

Apparently Ekiga requires a newer version of GTK+, but newer versions of
GTK+ do not work anymore on WIN32.

There are 2 solutions :
- upgrade to a more recent WINDOWS than Windows 98 (it is 10 years old
now)
- recompile Ekiga with the older GTK+ version and remove the call to
gtk_windowsset-urgency-hint...

The second solution is the most difficult unfortunately :(
--
 _     Damien Sandras
       SIP Phone       : sip:dsandras at ekiga.net