Re: [Ekiga-list] logitech messenger camera

Try :-
Michel Xhaard

http://mxhaard.free.fr

He writes most of the webcam drivers for Linux.

David

Michael Stockenhuber wrote:
Any suggestions on how to fix and/or get a different driver?
Cheers

Michael

On Wed 11.07.2007 09:45, Julien Puydt wrote:

Steven R. Anderson a écrit :
On Tue, July 10, 2007 1:33 pm, Michael Stockenhuber wrote:
I have got a logitech messenger webcam on debian testing (AMD64). I
use
the gspca driver and the camera works fine using e.g., kopete.
However,
ekiga only shows a part of the picture. What I read this is a scaling
problem (to get to lower resolution) and the main web page FAQ
suggests to post in the mailing list.
FYI, I have the same video problem when running Ekiga on Debian Etch -
i386, using a 3-com HomeConnect USB camera.
Kopete asks a width x height to the webcam's driver.
The webcam's driver is able to do that and replies "Ok".
Image is perfect!

Ekiga asks another width x height to the driver.
The webcam's driver is unable to deliver that, so it should reply "I
can't", but instead, it replies "Ok".
Image is incorrect.

Ekiga can't do anything : the driver has to be fixed not to lie : if
the
driver says "I can't", ekiga will try something else.

Snark on #ekiga