[Ekiga-list] How do I video chat with Windows users?

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 22:34:00 UTC 2007

compatibility list with Ekiga is on the wiki :

http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Which_programs_work_with_Ekiga_%3F

Currently , I not sure windows messenger works with  a router without posrt
forward tweaking  ( no STUN support I guess , upnp ? )

Ekiga is currently missing an invite function to send email to friends for
helping them getting a SIP adress and software

2007/7/23, Damien Hull <dhull at digitaloverload.net>:

> Here's what I have.
>
>     * Ubuntu Feisty
>           o Comes with Ekiga 2.0.3
>     * Ekiga sip account
>     * Working web cam
>
> I did a lot of searching for a Windows video chat client. All the
> windows testing was don on XP.
>
>     * Installed the Windows version of Ekiga
>           o Connects to the Ekiga sip service
>           o Test call works
>           o There's no video
>     * I tried Windows Live Messenger
>           o No sip option
>     * Downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 something
>           o Followed the instructions on the Ekiga website
>           o It won't connect to the Ekiga sip service
>
> I'm trying to use the sip service so I don't have to mess with router
> settings. I hope there is a Windows video chat client that has a sip
> option. If there isn't one I'll have to boot XP and use Skype.

Michel memeteau
VOIP | Visio: sip:freechelmi at gizmoproject.com
Fixe : 0491886375 !!! APARTIR du 15/09/2007 -> 0811956494
Mobile : 0624808051
jabber/GoogleTalk : freechelmi at jabber.fr