[Ekiga-list] How do I video chat with Windows users?

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Sun Jul 22 22:10:27 UTC 2007

Here's what I have.

    * Ubuntu Feisty
          o Comes with Ekiga 2.0.3
    * Ekiga sip account
    * Working web cam

I did a lot of searching for a Windows video chat client. All the
windows testing was don on XP.

    * Installed the Windows version of Ekiga
          o Connects to the Ekiga sip service
          o Test call works
          o There's no video
    * I tried Windows Live Messenger
          o No sip option
    * Downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 something
          o Followed the instructions on the Ekiga website
          o It won't connect to the Ekiga sip service

I'm trying to use the sip service so I don't have to mess with router
settings. I hope there is a Windows video chat client that has a sip
option. If there isn't one I'll have to boot XP and use Skype.