[Ekiga-list] Failed to authenticate

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sat Jul 21 13:29:18 UTC 2007

On 7/21/07, Raj Mohan Kovilath <rmohan43 at gmail.com>
> Also when I try to register Asterisk with ekiga.net I get the following
> error:
>
> Registration for 'space at ekiga.net' timed out, trying again (Attempt #1)
>     -- Got SIP response 406 "Not Acceptable" back from 86.64.162.35

This is an Asterisk question not an ekiga one.

Have you configured Asterisk to register to a SIP server (ekiga.net
runs SER, if I recall correctly) not an AIX one?

If you are not sure how to fix Asterisk, a useful next step will be to
test Ekiga directly with a SIP server (that will rule out ekiga and
ekiga.net, and tell you if there is a problem with routing.)

Best, David