[Ekiga-list] no audio xmit

Julien Puydt jpuydt at free.fr
Wed Jul 18 06:09:24 UTC 2007

Ethy H. Brito a écrit :
> Yes there is an audio test. And no, It doesn't succeed.

Then your audio setup isn't in a usable state.

> But, as a Linux application, it could at least give a little more useful
> message.

It tries to open "Default" and that fails. There's nothing more to be
said because it doesn't know more about it.

> What audio device is it trying to open??? /dev/WHAT???
> "Default" is meaningless. At least for me.

"Default" has a meaning for alsa. Using the alsa plugin, we don't know
the /dev/WHAT, we know it's "Default".

> As I said in other email, XTEN (for linux) works flawlessly. It
> uses /dev/dsp.

This is OSS, while you use ALSA.

>> Are you using the ALSA plugin or the OSS plugin?
>
> There is no OSS plugin option. Just ALSA.

You can try to install the OSS plugin (ptlib-oss or something like this)
then. Or you can have a look at http://wiki.ekiga.org : there is a
trouble-shooting section there.

Snark on #ekiga