[Ekiga-list] more on 120 spacecam

Jonathan Kaye jdkaye10 at yahoo.es
Mon Jul 16 19:21:25 UTC 2007

Michael Stockenhuber ha escrit el 16/07/07 20:57:
> Hi,
>
> The blacklist file should be in
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
> Then it prevents teh module from loading on my debian testing /unstable.
>
> The scaling problem with Logitech messenger I still have not solved, did
> not get anywhere despite asking for help at the driver developers :)
> Cheers
> Michael
>

> On Mon 16.07.2007 18:05, Jonathan Kaye wrote:

Thanks for that Michael. I had seen that. It's part of udev. But after I
manually unloaded the sn9c102 module and things got worse I thought that
this isn't the way to go. In any event, when the camera is identified by
the software is is always identified as a sn9c102 camera and never as an
spca5xx one. I've written to Michel, as David suggested,  to see if he
has any ideas on the matter.
The funny thing is I'm also running Debian Etch (but with the same
kernel) on an old IBM Thinkpad. It only has one usb port but I built the
spca5xx module exactly the same way and didn't blacklist anything. Of
course the very same webcam works fine on the laptop. Webcams seem to be
a black art.
Thanks again,
Jonathan