[Ekiga-list] Router problem

Hello.

I have just bought a web cam and am trying to get Ekiga working, but
without much success! As this is my first attempt at setting up 'web
chatting', I am very much a newbie. So sorry if this is a very basic
question.

When I run Ekiga, without even trying to connect, the TX/RX light on
my router immediately comes on and stays on permanently. The only way
to stop it being on, is to switch the router off. It stays on even
when I have shut ekiga down. Whilst it is on, the router is blocked
and cannot be used for anything.

I have another problem as well, which I am sending in the same message
in case they are related.

There is no sound. When I run the set-up wizard and do the sound test,
nothing. The mic and speaker sliders in the audio tab are completely
to the left. When I try to move them, they spring back to the left,
so the audio is always turned right down.

I have tried Ekiga on three Linux distributions and each has the same
problems.

Also, I have tested two other 'chat' programs and neither have this
router problem.

I have been told that, in order to get Linux 'chat' programs sending
and receiving, I need the forwarding ports open in my router:

Start 6890
End 6900
UDP 5060
TCP  1720

This I have done.

The router works well for surfing and mailing. It's just with Ekiga!

I have searched the archives and Googled, but no success. So if anyone
can please help me, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Keith